Share this with
They are external links and can start in a window that is new
They are outside links and can start in a window that is new
Close share panel
A leading facial that is chinese provider has filed documents for an inventory on Hong Kong’s stock market.
Megvii – the manufacturer regarding the Face++ system – is just one of the nation’s most widely known intelligence that is artificialAI) businesses.
Previously this present year, A western research recommended its face-checking technology had been more accurate than competing systems from Amazon and IBM.
Nonetheless it comes at time whenever campaigners are voicing issues about facial recognition’s use for surveillance.
There have also reports that the White home has considered Megvii that is adding to trade blacklist that could prevent it making usage of US-origin software and elements.
Face++ has been utilized in consumer-focused equipment, including:
- smart phones produced by Huawei, Xiaomi and Vivo
- laptop computers created by Lenovo
- Didi Chuxing’s ride-hailing software to allow people look at the motorist’s identification
- “smile-to-pay” terminals tested within KFC restaurants by Alibaba
- the Chinese dating internet site Jiayuan, which offered ways to immediately find faces a person had been probably be drawn to predicated on their choices
Nonetheless it states that many of the present income arises from “smart city” applications, such as facial recognition and other “safety management” tasks at workplaces, academic organizations and major occasions.
It has in addition been stated that the Beijing-based company’s technology has been used to help with making tens of thousands of arrests in Asia, and has now been pitched to police divisions far away.